Mid-level UX/UI Designer
- FULL TIME
- Hitchin, Herts
- No recruiters
Who are Insites?
We have worked extremely hard to build a family of incredibly talented, industry leading individuals that come together to ensure what they do has an impact on a better future. From architects; strategists; designers; UX experts and developers. We are a small and versatile team of 8 digital specialists.
Insites all came together back in 2014 and we have been improving and growing our presence ever since. We specialise in delivering high-end applications and websites at the highest possible quality, all whilst collaborating with our amazing team. We pride ourselves on always doing the right thing and don’t take ourselves too seriously. Come and say Hi! The projects we work on here are varied and no two projects are the same which is how we like it. For example, just some of the industries we work include start-ups, healthcare & fitness, pharmaceutical, food & drink, and retail.
An exciting opportunity for a passionate and talented Digital Designer to join the team here at Insites.
You’ll need at least 2 years agency experience and a portfolio that can demonstrate your attention to detail as well your creative style. Showing a variety of projects, sectors, and skills within your discipline would be extremely beneficial.
- Salary - Dependant on experience
- Hours - Full time, flexible working hours and the option to work from home
- Holiday - 21 days a year + bank holidays and your birthday off
- Location - right in the heart of Hitchin
- Structured personal development facilitated
This is a full-time permanent position based in our office in Hitchin, however we currently provide the opportunity to work remotely.
- Be comfortable designing websites, apps and digital products
- Translating requirements into style guides, design systems and modern user interfaces
- Create user centered designs by understanding product requirements and user feedback
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes and mock-ups
- Create original graphic designs for use across web products
- Identifying and troubleshooting UX problems
- Manage Figma files using components, global settings for colour and typography as well responsive layouts and prototyping
- Present and explain your designs to clients and guide them through your thinking process
- 2+ years - experience working in digital and a strong portfolio of previous work
- Tools - Proficient using Figma, and the Adobe suite of applications
- Attention to detail - Strong attention to detail and have a keen eye for aesthetics and modern design styles
- Design Principles - Excellent understanding of traditional graphic design principles: typography, colour, layout and composition.
- UX - Understands what constitutes good UX design
- Team - Strong team player who can collaborate effectively with different stakeholders/disciplines
- Knowledge of creating and managing design systems
- Knowledge of the website development lifecycle
- Experienced in HTML/CSS
- Prior experience in Agile methodologies
Who are you?
A member of the design team creating considered and impactful UI designs for our next web project.
Passionate about good design. Empathising with the users and our clients to really understand the problem you are trying to solve. Keeping up to date with the latest technology and tools and implementing those into your projects whenever possible.
More than anything though, it’s important to us that you love what you do and have a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
Benefits and Package
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- Equipment for working at home and the office
- Day off for your birthday
- Relaxed environment
- On the job training
- Team meet-ups
If you have any questions about this role or would like to apply for the position just send in an email to email@example.com